Sail ho! Early next year a new ship will set sails on the LEGO waters joining Brickbeard’s Bounty and the Black Sea’s Barracuda in the never ending search for treasure. And do you want to know something really awesome? You can help name it! That is right. This is a contest for finding the best name for a LEGO Pirate Ship. Aye, Matey!
From April 7th until April 13st, we invite you to take part in a ‘naming’ competition. The name must be original and cannot have been used before in other commercial relations. You can only suggest five (5) names – so make sure to do some research before suggesting a name.
The Who, What, Where and Why:
- The contest is open to all users 16 years and older holding a ReBrick account.
- To submit an entry: Write your suggestion as a comment to this blog post. You can only suggest five (5) different names. Non-commercial names only.
- The contest begins April 7nd 2014 at 9:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) (that’s 15:00 Central European Time). Entries submitted to ReBrick before this date and time will not be accepted into the contest. The competition is open for submissions until April 13st, 2014 at 8:59 A.M. EST (14:59 CET).
- Official Judging will begin at 9:00 A.M. EST on April 14th 2014 and will end at 9:00 A.M. EST on April 30th 2013.
- The team of judges will review the names and select one (1) grand prize winner. The names will be reviewed based on creativity, originality and relation to theme.
The jury will consist of:
- Frederikke Hoff, Community Editor at the LEGO Group
- Nicholas Groves, Creative Design Lead
- Bjarke Lykke Madsen, Senior Designer
All entries and entrants must follow the ReBrick House Rules.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow the official rules. Any form of cheating will result in a banning of user profile from ReBrick.
One (1) grand winner will receive a prize of:
- The chance to have your name suggestion be the name of the actual LEGO pirate ship.
- A signed version of the undisclosed pirate set
Please read the rules in full here.
Happy naming! Let your inner pirate out… Arrr!!
-Peter, Sara, and Freddie of the ReBrick Team